AudioJoG(TM) Pro 5 Operations Manual
METHOD 5 - Automatic Single Ended
Like the previous method this uses two AudioJoG(TM) Pro 5 cable testers. As with the process of going from Manual to Automatic Double ended testing the start of the Automatic testing is the
completion of the Manual test ending on the 'Local' screen LED.
1. Once again at the 'Local' screen LED on position press
and hold until the MEMORY LED lights (Fig15).
2. After a few seconds (if there are unconnected pins then
this will increase the test time) the display should show the
Pass (green) and MEMORY (Yellow) LED's. If the Fail LED
is on then there is probably an intermittant connection in the
3. Plug in the cable to b e tested using the same
connector(s) and locations as before.
4. Press and release the TEST button.If all is well the Pass
LED will turn ON, remove the cable. To test another cable
repeat steps 3 & 4.
5. To clear the MEMORY either, switch OFF and then ON
again or, press and hold the test button until the MEMORY
LED goes OFF.
6. If the FAILED LED turns ON and stays ON, then the
AudioJoG(TM) Pro 5 has found a missing connection between
the cable details in memory and the current cable. The
numbered and screen LED's will stop at the error stage.
7. If a SHORT was the FAILED LED will turn on and
FLASH. The numbered and screen LED's will stop at the
error stage (Fig 16.)
a) A short was found between wires 2 and 4 (Fig 18)
8. Press the TEST button to proceed, finally only the
FAILED and MEMORY LED's will be ON.To test another
cable repeat steps 3 & 4. To clear the MEMORY option
either, switch OFF and then ON again or, press and hold the
test button until the MEMORY and FAILED/PASSED LED's